Terms and Conditions
As an ICF member the work I do, and the people who work for me, abide by the ICF Code of Ethics: https://coachfederation.org/code-of-ethics
All coaching, supervision and mentoring work will require a written contract that sets out expectations, definitions of the work and limits of confidentiality. I also work as an associate to a number of other businesses, for that work I am not responsible for the contracts in place, however my work is still guided by the ICF Code of Ethics as linked to above.
The Data Controller responsible for processing personal data for Shane Pearson, Design Your Life Coaching, Clonageera, Durrow, Co. Laois, R32 H5N3
Information we collect
We may collect personal information about you when you contact us and purchase services from us. This can include:
- Your name
- Your home/work address, email address, phone number
- Details about your work, education, training and qualifications
- Payment details as required for billing
- Identification, behaviours, IP address and other information collected about your use of my website and email
- Any other information you provide relating to training, coaching or consulting
This information may be used in one of the following ways:
- As required to provide and personalise any training, coaching or mentoring services
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations
- To process transactions as requested by you
- To send periodic emails. If you sign up to my email list you will receive emails from me with news, articles etc. and can unsubscribe from these at any time
- To monitor use of our website
Disclosing your information
The information you share with me during coaching, mentoring or training sessions remains confidential unless disclosure is required by law, as set out in the ICF Code of Ethics. I submit data relating to the number of hours we have worked together to the ICF for credentialing purposes, they do not receive information on the nature of our conversations unless you have given specific consent for recordings to be submissted for supervision or ICF applications, such recordings are destroyed after six months and would not be associated with your name.
In order to provide run my business in a lawful and professional manner I may need to share your information with selected third parties. These could include:
- Official authorities who may require access to the information, e.g. for tax purposes
- Advisers who support my business with professional services such as accountants, insurers, lawyers and professional bodies
- Admin and IT service providers who work in my business
- We do not share your details with any third parties for marketing purposes and will never sell your data.
Retention of data
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary and will only retain information necessary to the intended purpose and services provided. We use best practices to ensure that data is stored safely and where we do need to share data with other people will make sure we share only what is absolutely necessary.
Any complaints about my management of data should be referred to the Data Protection Commission – see www.dataprotection.ie. You also have the right, with some exceptions, to ask us to provide a copy of your personal data that we hold.
If we change our privacy statement, we will post those changes on this page.